At Waves, we want to help connect you with the best resources in the area. Here is a list of different organizations in Middle TN along with helpful resources to support you and your loved one.
- The Arc of Williamson County: Empowers people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families to actively participate in the community throughout their lifetime through advocacy, research, education, and quality of life services.
- Tennessee Department of Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Tennessee Adult Brothers and Sisters (TABS): A support and networking group for adult siblings of individuals with disabilities.
- Tennessee Disability Coalition: An alliance of organizations and individuals joined to promote the full and equal participation of people with disabilities in all aspects of life.
- Tennessee Disability Pathfinder: Provides free information, resources, support, and referrals to Tennesseans with disabilities and their families.
- Tennessee Early Intervention System (TEIS): A voluntary education program for families with children birth through age two with disabilities or developmental delays.
- TennesseeWorks: Transforming the employment landscape for young people with intellectual and developmental disabilities across the state.
- Vanderbilt Kennedy Center: Facilitates discoveries and best practices that make positive differences in the lives of persons with developmental disabilities and their families.
- The Business Case for Hiring People with Disabilities (TennesseeWorks)
- Tennessee ABLE Act (Tennessee Treasury Department)