Our Adult Day Services program is designed to provide person-centered support for adults 21 and older with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (I/DD). Through a combination of community-based and facility-based services, we aim to enhance the overall quality of life and promote the personal development of our participants.
(place following information in blocks or have a graphic representing community-based and facility-based)
Community-Based Services: Participants can choose to engage in a variety of meaningful and inclusive activities within our local community. This promotes social integration, community involvement, and the development of essential life skills. Our team works closely with participants to identify their interests and goals, ensuring their experiences are enjoyable and educational.
Facility-Based Services: Participants have access to a structured and supportive environment where they can further develop their vocational, educational, and independent living abilities. Our experienced staff provides individualized training and guidance, focusing on areas that promote independence, self-confidence, and overall well-being.
What to expect from our Adult Day Services:
- Enhanced Social Skills: Day services provide opportunities for adults with I/DD to interact with peers, fostering social connections and improving interpersonal skills.
- Life Skill Development: Participants learn and practice essential life skills such as communication, self-care, and money management, enhancing their independence and self-sufficiency.
- Community Integration: Engaging in community-based activities promotes inclusivity and helps individuals with become active members of their local neighborhoods.
- Structured Routine: Day services offer a structured daily schedule, providing a sense of stability and predictability that can be particularly beneficial for individuals with I/DD.
- Vocational Training: Facility-based services often include vocational training, helping participants develop job-related skills that can pave the way to meaningful employment opportunities.
- Physical and Mental Stimulation: Participating in a variety of activities, both indoors and outdoors, contributes to improved physical health and mental well-being.
- Respite for Caregivers: Day services provide caregivers with much-needed respite and the assurance that their loved ones are engaged in productive and fulfilling activities.
- Increased Self-Confidence: Accomplishing tasks and achieving goals within the day services program can boost participants’ self-esteem and confidence.
- Creative Expression: Engaging in art, music, and other creative activities allows individuals with I/DD to express themselves and discover new talents.
- Safe and Supportive Environment: Day services offer a secure and caring environment where participants are encouraged to explore their potential and embrace personal growth.
Top of Form
Funding sources for Waves Adult Day Services include:
- DIDD 1915c Waivers
- Traditional Choices for Adult Day Care
- Employment Community First Choices (employment, community, and home-based services only)
- Private Pay
Number of families supported annually
Number of counties Developmental Therapy is provided in
Number of therapy sessions conducted in 1 year with Early Interventionist Team